Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self-Healing Path of Qigong, Standing Meditation, and Tai Chi – PAPERBACK
Secrets To Living Younger Longer is based on Qigong, a many thousand-year-old method of cultivating the energy of life (Qi) through movement, breath, touch, sound, and awareness. Scientific research documents how Qigong can lower blood pressure, increase balance and help with a wide variety of chronic diseases. But this is more than a book on Qigong exercises. Building upon those in the forefront of the mind-body healthcare revolution, Dr, Mayer has created a unique blend, combining Chinese Qigong and Western psychological methods with cross-cultural anthropological research. Secrets… is enlivened by mythic tales and imaginative teaching stories from ancient sacred wisdom traditions.
Click here for the e-book version, which you can purchase directly from the author.
Secrets to Living Younger Longer contains:
- Health & Longevity Practices: A synthesis of 30 years of Dr. Mayer’s training with some of the most respected Tai Chi and Qigong masters. Learn practices to add to your lifetime preventative medicine program:
- Discover the unique Chinese practice of Sung to simultaneously relax and energize your body, Strengthen immunity, Reduce Hypertension, Limber your joints, Release computer shoulder tension Relieve chronic illnesses, Prevent falls, Alleviate insomnia and anxiety, Find relief from arthritis and Fibromyalgia, *See Appendix I for a list of health benefits for all ages. *
- Intriguing Historical Research: Learn how Tai Chi and Qigong have roots in Shamanism and a lost, integrative Self-healing lineage. Rediscovering these underpinnings helps to deepen the healing potentials of these arts.
- Standing Meditation: The key to making Qigong most effective.
- Transforming your Life Stance: Realizations and examples from a psychologist’s life, and from his patients and students.
For a two minute video of the author speaking about Living Younger Longer click here.
[ MARK – WE NEED AN ACCORDIAN MORE DATA FUNCTIONALITY HERE – I CAN ADD THAT CONTENT AFTER WE KNOW HOW BEST TO DO THIS… For example, see +Table of Contents on page: https://bodymindhealing.com/secrets-living-younger-longer/]
4 reviews for Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self-Healing Path of Qigong, Standing Meditation, and Tai Chi – PAPERBACK
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Dr. Wayne Jonas, Former Director of National Institute of Health, Office of Alternative Medicine –
“A wonderful guide for learning the ancient healing practice of Qigong. Full of clear and practical exercises.”
Dr. Larry Dossey, Author of Reinventing Medicine –
“A splendid break-through which will certainly contribute a new slant to meditative practice.”
Truckee Ned, verified Amazon Purchase –
“Dr. Mayer brings numerous perspectives (Western psychologist, storyteller, student of Greek civilization) to his 30+ years of practice of Qigong to deliver an easy-to-read guide to this Chinese method of healing. His broad learning allows Dr. Mayer to share insights and ideas that help both novice and experienced practitioner obtain a deeper experience of the stances and movements that he clearly describes (with accompanying photos). His academic training shows through the logical and systematic development of ideas and exercises in the book. Overall, it was really easy to read, and also easy to use as a guide to various “sets” of Qigong methods for “bodymind healing”. The appendices which give a guide to exercises for self-healing and research are useful for quick reference, as well. A great buy.”
Barbara Stone, author of Invisible Roots: How Healing Past Life Trauma Can Liberate Your Present –
“As a psychologist, Dr. Mayer brings his awareness of the depth workings of psyche to the healing practice of Qigong for a true integration of mind and body. Rather than just talking about the technicalities of the standing posture, he puts the question to the reader, “What do you stand for?” Mayer shares his personal journey, illuminating his development of this unique perspective of ancient sacred wisdom and the workings of the mind. Section Two of this book has clear step-by-step descriptions of the exercises and excellent photos to guide the reader in learning and doing the practices. Section Three ties Qigong back into modern life with case examples and ways to build Qi (the vital life force) in our everyday life so that we can truly live younger longer!”