1440 Multiversity Zoom Workshop- Self-healing Practices for Troubled Times: Tai Chi, Qigong & Western Bodymind Healing ~ with Michael Mayer
During troubled times of any “great unravelling” of life, ancient wisdom traditions are a passed down lineage from our spiritual ancestors to help us find a healing pathway. In this one day workshop an integral combination of psycho-mythological story telling, somatic practices (from Qigong and Tai Chi) Western bodymind healing methods, and experiential practices will be used to help participants find their way though troubled times…and you’ll learn from your experience how to help others do the same. When: Recorded on June 20, 2020. Saturday 10am-1pm. A Zoom online event.
*Note: The outside resources listed below will help enhance your learning in this workshop, but none of these are necessary. Just showing up for the class is all you need
10-11 am: Stories and Practices for Troubled Times
- Teaching stories from Cross Cultural Wisdom Traditions help Us and Others during Troubled Times. * Outside Resource: Book: The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician: Stories and Practices for Troubled Times
- Find your Inner Sanctuary with the River of Life Process-* Outside Resource-The River of Life CD
- Finding your Life Stance with Standing Meditation Qigong. * Free Article- Standing Meditation Qigong: What do you Stand for? (Mayer, 2004). The National Qigong Association, Vol 1, Issue 1.
- Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy Core Practices-* Outside Resource-Bodymind Healing Core Practices, available with course registration
11am-12pm Bodymind Healing Qigong and Tai Chi Practices: Cultivating the Spirit & Soul of Tai Chi/Qigong
- Teaching Story: The Primordial Origins of Self-healing
- Tai Chi Chih-Healing Purposes
- Walking Meditation Qigong
- Teaching Story of the Shamanic Origins of Tai Chi
- Animals Frolics & Internal Organ Healing Practices of Hua Tau: Selected Movements
- Four Purposes of Tai Chi Movements: The Soul of Tai Chi Movements. * Outside Resources: Michael’s Bodymind Healing Qigong DVD, Free article Tai Chi Chuan: A Post Modern, Metaphysical Point of View, and book Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self-healing Path of Qigong and Standing Meditation and Tai Chi
- Qigong/Tai Chi for the Immune System, Cultivating Energetic Resiliency i.e. Lung & Spleen Medical Qigong
12-1 PM Combining Western and Eastern Healing Methods The Spirit & Soul of Healing
- Teaching Story: Psycho-mythological Shape-shifting to Create Resilience
- The Mythic Journey Process-to Transform your Stance toward Troubled Times. * Outside Resource: The Mythic Journey Process-Available with Course registration
- Finding your Medicine Animal Name
- Finding your Transformative Tai Chi/Qigong Movement
Or for more information: Contact email@example.com, or contact Martha Williams, 1440 Workshop Programing director, firstname.lastname@example.org., 207-747-9223
Michael Mayer, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist in private practice and certified master Tai Chi Chuan teacher by the American Tai Chi & Qigong Association. He is the author of 20 publications on bodymind healing and presents his unique integration of East/West/Indigenous traditions at universities, professional conferences, and leading-edge workshop venues.
Michael’s latest book, The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician: Stories and Practices for Troubled Times, won a Ben Franklin award in the Mind-Body-Spirit category. Michael’s guiding image of “two streams becoming one,” leads him as he joins East/West, Mind/Body, and ancient/modern in his work.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.