What will I learn from Bodymind Healing Tai Chi/Qigong?
- You’ll expand your understanding of Tai Chi Chuan (Taiji Quan) with associations from wider cross cultural wisdom traditions.
- You’ll be inspired by creative and Imaginal interpretations of movements.
- You’ll discover how each movement has Four Purposes: Self-healing, Spiritual Unfoldment, Self-defense, and Changing your Life Stance Psychologically.
For a deeper look into my work with psychotherapy please see our companion site: www.bodymindhealing.com
“The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi” (Wayne & Fuerst, 1991) says: “regular practice leads to more vigor and flexibility, better balance and mobility, and a sense of well-being. Cutting-edge research from Harvard Medical School also supports the long-standing claims that Tai Chi also has a beneficial impact on the health of the heart, bones, nerves and muscles, immune system, and the mind.”
An Educational, Integral Healing, and Training Program in Tai Chi Chuan & Qigong
Tai Chi Chuan:
Four Dimensions of Purpose
The best way to approach this program is by following the Experience Pathway in 5 steps shown below. Begin your bodymind healing journey here, and you’ll discover time-tested tools for self-healing and energy cultivation.
This is un-interrupted run through of all of the movements you will learn in the educational series below.
Classical Yang Style Tai Chi Long Form is taught as a tradition of “postural initiation” (Mayer 2009, 2012), into the 4 dimensions of purpose. Each class begins with a Qigong warmup and then new movements enriched with: healing practices, cross-cultural teaching stories, two-person self-defense applications, and invocations about how to change your psychological life-stance.
The Extended Short Form Qigong video perfectly complements the Tai Chi videos. Watch it before, during, or after the above videos. Some students prefer to put their training emphasis on this Qigong set versus the Tai Chi training, or find their unique preferences of how and when to combine the Qigong and Tai Chi traditions.
Each Saturday we’ll focus on one or two Tai Chi movements as well as immune enhancing, resiliency building (wei chi), parasympathetic nervous system enhancing elements from Bodymind Healing Qigong.
Learn self-healing methods for your health issues: anxiety, chronic pain, hypertension, insomnia, trauma, etc. Dr Michael has developed an integral, complementary approach, which can be integrated with your doctors and health team.
- Ben Franklin Award, from the Independent Book Publisher’s Association, Silver Medal in the Body, Mind & Spirit category.
- New England Book Festival, honorable mention in the Spiritual Books category.